facebook-logo

Experience The Real Vietnam


CAMBODIA

Overview:

Cambodia is now modernized and becomes world’s newest travel destinations in South East Asia”.  Cambodia opened to tourists in the mid-1990s and tourist’s numbers have increased every year.

The world knows Cambodia as the country with its famous for Angkor Wat temple and its ancient civilization known as Khmer Empire which flourished for over 600 years allowing successive kings to control and exert influence over much of Southeast Asia and accumulate immense power and wealth. The Indianized kingdom built monumental temples including Angkor Wat, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site , and facilitated the spread of first Hinduism, then Buddhism to much of Southeast Asia.

Cambodia is a tropical country and, even though it is only a little bigger than it’s neighbour Vietnam, with an area of 181,035 square kilometres, it is full of unique culture and fascinating experiences for the modern day tourist to enjoy.

Cambodia has a population of 15 million of which 90% are Khmer (Cambodian). The remaining 10% is made up of Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Burmese and various ethnic hill tribes.

There are many beautiful places to visit in Cambodia, perhaps two of the most prominent being Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh. A visit would not be complete without visiting some of the temples, many of which are clustered around Angkor Wat.


Popular destinations in Cambodia

Sihanoukville: A peninsula ringed by pretty whiteish-sand beaches and surrounded by a smattering of attractive islands, Sihanoukville is Cambodia’s premier beach location. We reckon the beaches, at least those on the offshore islands, rival those that lure the hordes to Thailand.


Battambang: With a rich architectural heritage, an increasingly confident art scene providing a cradle for many of Cambodia’s top talents, and stunning surrounding countryside, Battambang is a tranquil respite from the boom and hustle of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.


Kratie: A charming, cheerful little town on the Mekong, Kratie is best known for its dolphins, in particular the Mekong Irrawaddy dolphins. The dwindling population of these endangered creatures makes their home off the village of Kampi, 20 kilometres north of town.


Banlung: One of Cambodia’s loveliest provinces is also one of the furthest away from anywhere else. But Ratanakiri and its capital, Banlung, is truly worth the effort, and is now easier to get to than ever before.


Koh Kong: Overlooking the peninsula that links Cambodia to Thailand, which is accessed by a near two-kilometre long bridge, Koh Kong is a breezy town, and makes for a pleasant and relaxing base from which to explore the surrounding hills, seas and all that lies in between.


Kampot: Long described as “sleepy”, the Kampot of today is transforming into a lively tourist destination, with plenty of good restaurants, bars and music to be found. But that doesn’t mean they’ve given up on the hardcore riverside lounging that the city has built its name on. Not by a long shot.


Kompong Thom: For those longing to escape the crowds and madness of Cambodia’s main tourist attractions, yet keen to visit some spectacular locations, Kompong Thom might be just the ticket.


Kompong Chhnang: Central Kompong Chhnang province is home to Cambodia’s most sublime and easily accessible scenery, while the provincial capital of the same name is one of Cambodia’s most picturesque, photogenic and fascinating regional towns.


Sen Monorom: Little-visited Sen Monorom is the capital of Mondulkiri, famed for its (rapidly disappearing) thick forests, thunderous waterfalls, hills that wave up and down towards misty, faraway horizons and a real chance to immerse yourself in nature.


Chi Phat: An idyllic Cambodian village between a mountain and a river offers a relaxed, welcoming base from which to explore a special part of the world. Tucked into the southeastern front of the Cardamom Mountain range, Chi Phat is a pretty, prosperous two-street village.


At Countryside Adventures, We would like to show you the real Cambodia by our outdoor activities such as Cycling,Kayaking,Motorbiking and Hiking.

You can choose one of our Package tours as bellow to experience the real Cambodia.


Countryside Adventures Team